Sunday, June 15, 2008
And now we wait....again....
Well, the word right now is that I will have my Botswanan licenses on Monday. Hopefully, I will be able to get my airport badges at the same time. Once those pieces are in place I will be able to start earning my keep here. However, even once I get my licenses I still will not be able to fly as a captain here until I am able to complete an instrument flying check. In order to complete that check I have to fly an ILS approach (instrument landing system) and as it happens the only ILS in the whole country is out of service at least until the middle of this coming week. Oh well, things have still come together for me much faster than people have expected anyway so I am still a little ahead of the curve. In any case, I can fly as a first officer once I get the licenses and what I really need at this point isn't so much practice flying the airplane as it is practice with the air traffic controllers (who are very hard to understand) and work within the ATC system here. So, left seat...right seat...it doesn't really matter. I'll still be gaining that experience. Hopefully, this next week will bring stories of my first air ambulance flying in Africa! We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment